Every Saturday 10:30am until 12:30pm.
Only £2.50 per session after for adults and £1.00 for under 16’s!
10 brand new indoor tables available for social fun play or competitive games – you decide! Bring your own bat or borrow from us, you’ll just need trainers and a sense of humour.
Table Tennis / Ping Pong for everyone!
All welcome – any age or ability. For further information, ask at reception or call 0115 859 9968.
Outside Saturday mornings . . .
To book or for more information call 0115 859 9968.
|Badminton||Price (per hour)|
|Off Peak (Monday - Friday before 5:00pm and weekends)||£6.20|
Portland Table Tennis League
The Portland Table Tennis will run over 2 calendar months, starting on the 4th. During this time, the players in each league will contact each other and arrange to play their matches. The Portland Table Tennis league is self-driven by its participants. It will be successful if all players make the effort to contact each other, turn up and complete the matches.
Points are awarded in the following fashion:
3/0 3/1 3/2 Walkover = 3/0
All players receive a bonus point for every game played.
- Your total score will be added up and then put in a table to find your final ranking in the league.
- Scores MUST be entered onto the notice board immediately after your match.
- Enter your final match score in games (i.e. 3/0, 3/2 etc) into the relevant boxes on the sheets on the Notice Board. The software and the league organiser will do the rest.
- The leagues are taken down to add up the scores at 8.00PM on the last day of the league. Any scores not submitted by this time will not be counted. Any queries about scores entered must also come in before 8pm on the last day.
Tin Tin Ho beats Liam Pitchford 3-1.
Kelly Sibley fails to show against Paul Drinkhall
|1. Tin Tin Ho|
|2. Maria Tsaptsinos|
|3. Kelly Sibley|
|4. Liam Pitchford|
|5. Paul Drinkhall|
Joining the league
- New players will be entered at the beginning of a new league starting. Please provide both your email and contact number by either calling 0115 8599968 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are unable to join a league while it is in progress. You will be added onto a waiting list and join the league when the next one starts.
- New members will start in the bottom league unless you request to be put in at a higher league. The League organiser will then make the decision on where you start.
- The league is FREE to join for all players and abilities.
- A player will do 2 serves (playing 2 points), then the opponent serves for 2 points. You will keep alternating in this way.
- If it gets to 10-10, you will only serve once, then your opponent will serve one. You will keep alternating in this way.
- When serving if the ball hits the net and goes over it is a let serve (play again)
- If the ball hits the net during a rally, there is no let & the point is awarded to the opponent
- Please click link: https://tabletennisengland.co.uk for full list of Table Tennis rules.
Scoring each match
- Matches will be best of 5 games;
- Games are first to 11 points, rally point scoring (points scored on any serve) If it is 10-10, you continue until a player is 2 points clear.
- If both players agree, AND ONLY IF BOTH AGREE, then you can revert to another scoring system.
Promotion and Relegation
- The player scoring the most amount of points will be promoted as Champion, or deemed Champion of the Squash League if in Div 1;
- The player scoring the next most amount of points will be promoted as runner up;
- The players scoring the 2 lowest amount of points will be relegated;
- In the event of two players being tied on points, a head-to-head will take precedent.
Injury / Pulling out the league
If you would like to drop out of the Portland Squash League please be considerate to your other league players. You need to notify the league organiser in advance of the next league starting by contacting reception or by emailing the league organiser.
- Please declare if you get INJURED/or are unable to continue playing to all players in your league as well as the league organiser.
- When an injury is declared while a league is running – all points gained will be cancelled for all matches that the player has played. Therefore making the league fair for all players.
- A walkover will be awarded if a player fails to turn up for an arranged match.
- A walkover will be awarded if a player is unable to make contact with another player, getting no response. These requests must be submitted no later than the 20th of the month.
- If a player is injured or has opted out of the league, than a walkover cannot be claimed.
A range of Membership Packages are available.
Book your induction
Our equipment meets the needs of people of all abilities and disabilities and we deliver inductions to ensure people use equipment safely and effectively. We can also prescribe appropriate exercise regimes.