WE ARE OPENING BACK UP
When will The Portland Centre reopen?
We are planning to reopen our leisure centre on 27th July 2020, subject to government restrictions lifting. For our first phase of re-opening we will be opening the centre to the public Monday – Friday 2pm – 9pm (Last entry being 8.00pm) Weekend hours will be 9am – 4pm (Last entry being 3.00pm)
Gym and swimming slots are 1 hour to 1hour 15 minutes long and must be pre booked. Please do not come into the centre if you have not pre booked.
Bookings can be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your preferred day, time and name. We will then e-mail you back to confirm your slot. Or by calling reception on 0115 8599968 (Phone lines will reopen on 27th July)
Is it safe to come to The Portland Centre?
The health and wellbeing of our customers and employees is our top priority. We are following government guidelines in order to make your visit feel as comfortable as possible and provide a safe but enjoyable visit.
- Though we are excited to take this next step in reopening The Portland Centre, the health and safety of our customers and staff remains our number one priority. Therefore, we ask that all customers adhere to our Terms & Conditions.
• If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you must not make a booking or come into the centre.
• If you have been in contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, you must not make a booking or enter the centre
• Only pre-booked and paid for sessions are permitted.
• Please note that there is limited access to toilet and changing facilities
• Staff will be carrying out a thorough sanitisation process between all bookings and we encourage all our members to do this after use of equipment too.
• Please observe social distancing rules with our staff and other customers.
• If staff suspect that you are infringing current government regulations, you will be refused entry.
• Please Don’t Be A No Show Thankfully most customers let us know if they wish to cancel their booking.
• But why is this important for us right now?
We can’t refill spaces that don’t arrive with walk in guests because we’re only taking online bookings at the moment. So if you know you are not able to make it please let us know
What safety measures have been put into place?
In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are putting a number of safety measures in place which will allow us to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests. This includes implementing measures such as social distancing, staggered booking, only gym and swimming times, hand sanitising stations, providing staff with Covid-19 specific training and more.
We are limiting the number of people in one area The number of people in one area will be limited and it is vital that you book in and adhere to the time limits during this time.
Cardio Room 1 Limit = 6
Cardio Room 2 Limit = 6
Weights Room Limit =
4 Functional Room Limit =
4 Swimming Lane 1 Limit = 15
Swimming Lane 2 Limit = 15
Class Limit = 10
How will social distancing be enforced?
All employee and customer areas will be arranged and managed so as to promote and maintain social distancing within our leisure centre. A one-way system will be in effect and a limited amount of people in one area at any time.
My annual membership card has expired or will expire soon. What do I need to do?
Now that we are re-opening, simply get in contact with our customer services team via email on email@example.com and we will update your membership for you so you don’t miss out.
How do I get in contact with you? Our reception is still closed for the time being but you can get in contact with us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a member. What is happening to my membership?
All memberships payments will restart on 1st August 2020. We have taken into account from when the centre closed on 23rd March 2020 and days missed in July 2020 this will be reflected in your membership fee’s for July.
Annual members will get 4 months added to their account. All members will also receive one free pass for a family member or friend
I cancelled my membership during lock down. What shall I do as I want to return?
Please re-sign back up online https://www.theportlandcentre.co.uk/sign-up/
What if I am still shielding and unable to use my membership?
If you have a membership with us, we can freeze your membership at no charge for up to 3 months from the date of your sent e-mail. After 3 months a £5 charge will apply. Simply email us and we will get this sorted for you.
I would like to sign up for a membership, what do I have to do?
Please click on the link and sign up online hassle and contact free https://www.theportlandcentre.co.uk/sign-up/ we will then do all the paperwork for you and get your membership ready for you to use.
Can I play racket sports?
Badminton / Squash / Table Tennis – The plan is resume these sports from 27th July subject to government guidelines.
Where possible please bring your own equipment and adhere to social distancing whilst in the centre. Pre booked/paid sessions will only be allowed at this time.
The Portland Centre Team look forward to welcoming you all back safely
For more details on what the charity as a whole is doing, please check out Notts County FITC Webpage on: